Welcome to the 1st Pontygwaith Scout Group website.
- September 30, 2013, Other events in 2014.
- September 30, 2013, 2014 May 17th – Activity day at Daerwynno.
- September 30, 2013, Scouts London Trip – March 21st to 23rd 2014
- September 30, 2013, February Half term camp 2014.
- September 30, 2013, Scouts Halloween party and one night camp – 25th October.
- September 30, 2013, Cubs Halloween party at the scout hall – 25th October.
- August 7, 2013, Dorset Camp 2013 Photographs
- July 15, 2013, Rafting at Daerwynno Photographs
- July 12, 2013, Cub Hike – Wednesday 17 th July
- July 3, 2013, Brecon hike photographs
Plans for the future of the Scout Group
We would like to celebrate our 70th anniversary by building a new Scout Hall, as most of you are aware the present hall since it was built in 1968 has seen better days and is no longer able to meet the needs of the Group.
The primary aim of this project is to provide a better quality environment that enables us to develop our activities and reach out to more young people in the Rhondda Fach. In 2013 we celebrate our 70th Anniversary. It would be nice to do it in style by providing our young people with a modern building in which they can participate in scouting activities. They really need and deserve it!
The Group was successful in applying for a grant from the Coalfields Regeneration Trust to undertake a feasibility study. The consultants employed to undertake the study have produced a sketch design for the new building which is attached to this document.
Part of the design brief for the proposed building was the creation of a facility that could serve the wider needs of the community during the day. The group would be pleased to hear from any organisation that might be seeking accommodation for the delivery of community oriented activities in the Rhondda Fach. If you require any further information please feel free to contact the Group by using our contact details on the website
The Scout Association’s Aim and Method
The Aim of the 1st Pontygwaith Scout Group is to promote the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potentials, as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.
The method of achieving the aim of the Association is by providing an enjoyable and attractive scheme of progressive training and learning by doing, guided by adult leaders.
Please use the links along the top of the pages to obtain current news, the links down the side contain more general information e.g. how to join, where we can be found e.t.c.